Systems with column wheel and vertical clutch are the most precise ones, but also solve the annoying phenomenon of the so-called "jumping hand" that affects those systems that do not use them. The column wheel has a shape similar to the top of a medieval crenelated tower. To ensure a smoother engagement, and therefore a more pleasant user experience, each cranel (i.e. each "column") must be finished by hand, to remove even the smallest processing residues.
Assembled by the most experienced Seiko watchmakers, the NE88 caliber is an automatic movement that features advanced mechanical solutions such as the column wheel and vertical clutch, combining reliability and precision.
• Jewels: 34 rubies
• Beats per hour: 28,800 bph
• Power reserve: 45 hours
• Functions: Three counters, instant reset of chronograph hands
• Automatic winding: Bi-directional winding
• Hacking function: Supported
• Manual winding: Supported
• Manufacturer: Seiko Instruments Inc.